a load of presentation tips from The Impact Factory
and some decent ones from Suite 101.
From these I have picked a short list of things I will aim to do in each of my next few presentations:
- don't put all your words on the slide (McMillan and the Impact Factory)
- make a maximum of six words per line and six lines per slide (the Impact Factory)
- use graphics where appropriate but not too much (the Impact Factory)
- don't have too many slides (McMillan and the Impact Factory). McMillan prompts this law, "The usefulness of the talk is inversely related to the number of slides in the presentation".
- don't pimp (Suite 101)
- know your content (the Impact Factory) - I'm never confident about this.
- know your way around PPT, how to get around your presentation quickly and smoothly - so that you look as if you know what you're doing